Effective February 19, 2020
We strive to educate parents about how to appropriately safeguard their privacy when using our Services. We are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”), which requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about our information collection and use practices.
- Personal Information.
We do not collect any personal information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
- Usage Information.
Like most websites, we use automatic data collection technology when you visit the Site to record information that identifies your computer, to track your use of our Site, and to collect certain basic information about you and your surfing habits. This information includes information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of a website you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Site and the Services (the “Usage Information”).Usage Information may be sent to tracking platforms without inclusion of Personal Information.
We collect this Usage Information by using cookies and pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear gifs). Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of website users. You can reject cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet provider’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still visit the Site, but may not be able to use some areas of the Site and/or the Services.
We do not collect Personal Information in this way, but if you’ve provided us with Personal Information, we may associate that information with the information that is collected automatically. Automatic data collection may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.
If you choose to purchase or subscribe to a feature or Service of StemStartsNow that requires a fee, you will be required to provide us with your payment information, including, without limitation, bank account numbers, credit card or debit card numbers, account details, ACH information, and similar data (collectively, “Payment Information”).
If you are creating an account which is discounted by an organization (an organizational membership) your email address may be provided to the organization that you sign up under for reporting. Other than your email address, your Personal Information will not be shared with such organization.
- To identify you when you sign in to your account;
- To respond to your requests and to provide you with the Services;
- To respond to your inquiries and contact you about changes to the Site and/or the Services;
- To send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like) regarding products or services you are receiving, and for billing and collection purposes;
- To send you information we think you may find useful or that you have requested from us;
- To enhance and improve the Site or the Service, such as through personalized features and content;
- To analyze the use of the Site and the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Site and the Service;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our policies, or as otherwise required by law;
- For any other purposes disclosed at the time the information is collected or to which you consent; and
We will use your Payment Information to process your authorized payments for our Services
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are creating an account through an organizational membership, only your email address may be provided to the organization; your other Personal Information will not be shared with such organization.
We, like many businesses, sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples include mailing information, maintaining databases, hosting services, and processing payments. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function, which may include Personal Information.
If we or all or substantially all of our assets are acquired, we expect that the information that we have collected, including Personal Information, would be transferred along with our other business assets.
We may disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information to government authorities and to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities, at our discretion, or otherwise as required by law, including but not limited to in response to court orders and subpoenas. We may also disclose your Personal Information and Usage Information when we have reason to believe that someone is or may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of this Site, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
- How We Protect Your Information.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
- Accessing and Modifying Account Information.
You may update the information that is stored in your user account by visiting http://stemstartsnow.com or by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Users can review any Personal Information collected, have this information corrected, modified or deleted, request that there be no further collection or use of their Personal Information, and/or allow for our collection and use of their Personal Information while withholding consent for us to disclose it to third parties. User can also object to the processing of information where carried out for legitimate interest or direct marketing.
- Your Choices.
If you wish to stop receiving promotional e-mails, you may do so by visiting http://stemstartsnow.com or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also choose to unsubscribe from our emails by following the instructions in the bottom of the email.
- California Privacy Rights: Shine the Light Law.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may choose to opt out of our sharing their contact information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you wish to opt out, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- California Privacy Rights: Do Not Track.
We do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
- Important Notice to Users Outside the U.S.
The Site and the Services are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By providing us with any information through the Site or the Services, you consent to this transfer.
- How to Contact Us.