Tips for reading to your baby:
- Engage him in the book by singing the words.
- Get on his level so you are face to face while reading.
- Use expression and different voices and make faces while you read.
- You don’t have to read the words. You can describe the pictures.
- Ask him questions while you read then pause for an answer. Even if he can’t talk yet, allow him time to vocalize.
- Talk about how the characters are feeling. “The bear is sad. Why is he sad?”
- Use a prop such as a stuffed animal to interact with your baby while you read the book.